DID YOU KNOW
• Chlamydia is the most common sexually transmitted infection (STI)
• 1 in 10 active under 25 year olds will have Chlamydia without having any signs or symptoms
• 70% of women and 50% of men who have Chlamydia have no symptoms.
• You can have Chlamydia for weeks, months or years without knowing it
• It is easily treated with antibiotics
• If left untreated Chlamydia can lead to infertility in both men and women.
HOW TO TEST
• Its free
• No embarrassing examinations
• WOMEN – urine sample
• MEN – urine sample
WHERE TO TEST
• Chlamydia screening is available at the Student practices, and through the Cambridge University College nurses
• Centre 33, Clarendon St, Tel: 01223 316488 Wednesday 3:30 – 5:00pm
• The Laurels, 20 Newmarket Rd, Tel: 01223 726349 Monday 5:00-6:30pm
Did you know you can have a test kit sent to you, simply go on line and order one.
For more detailed information please visit the excellent and detailed:- http://www.cambstakeatest.com/
SAFER SEX –ALWAYS WEAR A CONDOM
Source: Cambridge and Peterborough Primary Care Trust
Chlamydia Screening Programme.
The NHS guide to sexually transmitted infections: